A 60 liter pack originally made for the Finnish Frontier Guards.
The Rajapartio (translates as Border patrol) was designed to replace the smaller old frame packs used by the Frontier Guards. While they had a large Savotta frame pack for long patrols, a smaller one was needed and Savotta designed the Rajapartio. With this background, it’s easy to see how the pack came to be so tough and ready for some heavy use.
- Made of tough Cordura fabric
- Metal buckles
- Tough Opti zippers
- Detachable aluminum frame
- The frame lies in its own pocket, which can in addition house a hydration bladder (not included) or other thin gear (not included)
- Large flap with extra long straps enables overpacking
- The flap boasts an open flat pocket which presses shut when you close the pack
- Top compartment: 45 x 35 x 22 cm
- Top compartment opening is protected with a waterproof spindrift collar
- Lower compartment: 25 x 35 x 20 cm
- Frontal straps for carrying a camera tripod or other gear (originally made for carrying an assault rifle)
- Side pockets: 30 x 15 x 6 cm, with waterproof spindrift collars
- One side pocket has a zipper along its side for easier access
- The other side pocket has a tunnel between its backside and the backpack, suitable for an axe etc.
- Sturdy but padded shoulder straps
- Padded hip belt whose metal buckle can be easily opened even with just one hand
- Made in Finland
- 5 year guarantee against defects in materials and manufacture