Dispatch time from webstore 1-3 workdays
The peak model of Bergen rucksacks.
Savotta 50 Putkirinkka -The peak model of Bergen style rucksacks. Finnish manufacturer Savotta has been making frame packs for decades and they have always been made at the manufacturer’s production plant at Räyskälä, Finland. This model was named as “the 50” as it was released on the manufacturer’s 50th birthday more than ten years ago. While the frame is all traditional, the textile parts of this pack have been revised to better suit modern consumers.
- Made in Finland
- Material: Rip-Stop polyester with polyurethane coating
- Frame material: DUR aluminum
- Sturdy metal buckle at hip belt
- Top compartment has a cinch cord top with snow skirt, allowing for over packing
- Small item pockets inside top compartment and in the flap
- Great over packing opportunity between the top of the top compartment and the flap
- Lower compartment boasts a long two-way zipper
- Straps enable carrying long objects outside the bottom of the pack
- Bottom is also equipped with zippered small pocket, useful for a rain cover, for instance
- Upper side pockets have flap an cinch cord plus snow skirt structure, one also has a zipper on the side
- Lower side pockets have zippers on the side and one of them has two inner compartments
- The side pockets are sewn in the pack from the sides, leaving a tunnel between the pockets and main fabric: a great place to carry an axe
- The top of the frame has loops for included straps, making it possible to carry a mattress or tent on the outside
- Shoulder straps are padded and anatomically shaped
- Ten year guarantee against defects in materials and manufacturing
Putkirinkka is Finnish for frame pack, which is often referred to as a Bergen in English.